The rental rates for our
Wilson House are $1500
per-week, and $250 per-day. There are additional tax, utility, and turn-over fees.
- We offer an early-season (prior to the last Saturday in June) discount.
- A deposit of $200 per-week holds reservations, with the full balance due
prior to rental.
- A turn-over fee of $250 is charged once per rental period.
- State and local sales taxes of 5.5% are charged on rentals for durations of less than one-month.
- Door County charges an additional 5.5% "room tax."
- If you would like to bring a pet, then we request a refundable deposit of $300.
- We request proof of liability insurance in our Rental Agreement.
Our standard occupancy times are Saturday-to-Saturday, with check-in at 4 p.m.,
and check-out at 9:00 a.m.
Tenants are welcome to use beach
facilities while awaiting occupancy.
The Wilson House
- The Wilson house has 5 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms.
- There are 7 beds. The master is downstairs, with a
Upstairs, the west and north rooms each have one full-size bed, and the other
two bedrooms each have two twin
- We provide a WiFi internet connection.
- Wilson's house is a no-smoking zone.
- Use of auxiliary lodging facilities such as tents, trailers, etc. requires permission.
- Lakme properties are all private homes, on a family compound, and tenants
should respect them as such.
Some Notes on Rural Plumbing
- You won't notice any differences from conventional
plumbing, but note that we rely on wells for freshwater, and
utilize septic tanks for waste water disposal. Please don't flush anything but TP and organic
wastes down the toilets,
and avoid colored tissues.
- The house has a washer and a dryer in a detached
- Our well's hard water is conditioned by a water
- Bed linens and bath towels are furnished.
- Please provide your own beach
Food and Drink
- Our well water is inspected yearly, and certified as
- Our kitchen has an oven, a stove, a microwave, and is
stocked with utensils and cooking implements.
- The Wisconsin State Health Department does not allow us to
keep any foodstuffs on site. Please remember to bring everything that you will
need to eat and cook --even salt and pepper!
Our Beach and Boating
- The Main Beach is located centrally on the property,
at the foot of the Wilson House's sloping lawn.
- Tenants are welcome to bring their own
hand-launchable boats, and anchor them off our shoreline. Temporary courtesy
tie-ups to our shallow-draft roll-in dock are on a first-come basis
after Lakme's vessels.
We assume no liability for renter's or guest's vessels. Because of insurance
regulations, the Lakme Club's boats are not available for general
Fires, Fireworks, and Firearms
- Outdoor fires require permission from Lakme's
- Please don't hunt or use firearms on our
property. Fishing is by barbless, catch-n-release WI DNR-policy, only.
- Aerial and explosive fireworks are illegal in
Wisconsin, hence we cannot allow their use. If you plan to
use legal-fireworks (sparklers, etc.), please keep them well away from
the woods and clean up all debris. (Note: The Island puts on an excellent
Independence Day fireworks show at the ball park.)
For reservations, contact:
Lakme Club, Ltd.
For email, substitute the symbol "@" for the "X" in the above
address. This helps us reduce spam!